Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baby Jimmy!

It's taken me a few days to get around to it, but I finally have some pics of our sweet baby James! For those of you who haven't heard the "story", it pretty much started Friday morning of Feb. 27th. This was exactly a week before my due date. I woke up with contractions that were painful at about 3:40am. I sat in bed monitoring them, trying to figure out if I was going crazy, until Troy woke up around 5:00 to me hunched over the bed. I wasn't sure if this was labor or not, but thought in case it was, I should shower. Of course, Troy thought I wasn't too serious if I was showering. It took some convincing. I didn't want to be that girl that thinks she's in labor and really isn't. So we called the hospital, and the on call doctor told us to come in. We got in the car, (and at this point Troy was VERY frustrated b/c he didnt have things ready!) at about 6:00 and headed to the hospital! This is the best part..as soon as we got in the car and the radio came on, James Taylor's song "Rock-a-bye Sweet Baby James" came on! We've been playing that song to him in the womb! We both looked at each other and thought it was a sign! Anyway, when we got to the hospital, I was a little more than a 2 and about 80% effaced. The Dr. told us that we were in a tough spot b/c I WAS in early labor, but that didn't mean I was definitely going to have the baby that day. He said it could come in 4 days, or 4 hours. He said he could break my water, and it would make for a LONG and tiring day, or I could go home, wait it out and see what my body decided to do. We took that route. We drove home, worked on the nursery, did laundry, and hung baby clothes, all the while taking short breaks every 4 minutes to hang on to the wall for my contractions! They kept getting stronger and stronger, and I was trying to be tough and wait it out. About 2 or 3 hours after we got home, I told Troy to call the Dr. office. The Dr that he talked to asked him a bunch of questions about what I was doing. Then she told him, "You better get to the hospital right now or you're going to be delivering that baby yourself!". So, we did! I got to hospital around 3:00 and had little James at 7:30! The doctor wasn't scheduled to come in until around 8:30, but came early. When he checked me, he said, "We're having this baby right now!" ONE push later, he was out! It was fast!! 
Anyway, he is 7 lbs. and 9 oz., black hair and we think he is perfect. =) He's been a good baby and  we couldn't be more thankful for his health. God has really blessed us with this baby in every way. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. There no complications and everything went so smoothly. What a relief! Here are some pics. Hope you enjoy them!
 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Sweet Baby James
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so precious. What a special blessing you have received.

Nita (Northcutt) Sargent

Anonymous said...

Loved the detailed labor story :)
I'm scared your second will come so fast it'll be a home delivery!!

bethanyjones said...

Hey Katie! I know you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Troy's! What a beautiful baby boy!!! Just let me tell ya...boys love their mommas! It's the best! We have a 10 month old...just wait...the love gets deeper every day! Whenever y'all make it to Midland, we need to go out for dinner so we can meet...and so our boys can meet!
Congrats on you sweet miracle!

joey & cristin said...

congratulations katie and troy! he is beautiful! i love how the song was playing on the ride to the airport. next time we are in dallas we'll have to introduce the boys :)